- New opportunities with FOAN technologies (like XGPON, XSGPON, 10GEPON, NGPON2, UDWDMPON, passive optical LANs (POLANs), Coloured PON FTTx, EP2P, AE, 100G PON, 400G PON, 1T PON.
- Hybrid networks – fiber, DSL and Coax; Integration of different networks: Fiber, FSO, Wireless; New architectures and typologies.
- QoS, QoE, Latency and other characteristics in the field of access network.
BUSSINESS CASES AND REGULATION IMPACT
- Business cases, cost-effective speed upgrades, solution and the possible upgrade paths; flexible network topology and legacy system compatibility; Impact of regulation on development of access networks.
- Test setup, trial experience, OLT to ONT communication, OpenOMCI, Multivendor ONU Connect, PLOAM interaction, Wavelength Mobility, laser switching time.
- Mobile back haul and front haul; Fiber optics in 5G network; Cloud RAN.
- Fiber links to and inside of data center.
- Fiber Optics Sensors, sensors in broadband networks, IoT sensors and actuators, sensors in home/office area; Free Space Optics sensors.
PHOTONICS INTEGRATED CIRCUITS and MICROWAVE PHOTONICS IN ACCESS NETWORKS
- The cost and energy effective systems; GaAs/InP, LiNBO3, SIN, SOI, The hybrid InP/SOI; PIC for PON; A high-capacity radio system based on micro-wave and millimeter-wave frequency bands.
POWER over FIBER
- Short and long distance powering, PoF applications, double cloud fiber, powering over SMF.